1) What disorders does Susanna Kaysen have?
2) What disorders does Lisa Rowe have?
3) What disorders does Randone have?
4) What disorders does Georgina Tuskin have?
5) What disorders does Polly “Torch” Clark, have?
6) What disorders does Janet Webber have?
7) Describe Dr. Sonia Wick.
8) Describe Valerie Owens, RN.
Girl Interrupted (GI) versus in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (OFOTCN)
9) Compare and contrast therapy in OFOTCN with therapy in GI.
10) Compare and contrast the doctors in OFOTCNwith doctors in GI.
11) Compare Nurse Valerie Owen (GI) with Nurse Ratchet (OFOTCN)
12) Compare and contrast the patients in OFOTCNwith the patients in Girl Interrupted.
13) Compare and contrast gender related disorders in OFOTCNwith gender related disorders in Girl Interrupted.
14) OFOTCNis set in 1962. GI is set in 1967. Are there any era related differences between the two movies?
15) What are the theme(s) of OFOTCN? What are the theme(s) of GI? What theme(s) are the same? What theme(s) are different?
16) What are the socioeconomic differences between GI and OFOTCN?
17) OFOTCN was released in 1975. GI was released in 1999. Do you think the difference in release/production dates affects how the movies are different?
18) Which film is more sympathetic to the mental health system? Can you provide specific examples?
19) Compare the protagonist in GI (Susanna) with the protagonist in OFOTCN (McMurphy).
20) Which film did you like more and why?
21) Why do you think OFOTCN was so much more successful than GI?
22) What social impact did GI have as opposed to OFOTCN?
5) burn victim
7) articulate, patrician
Word document at:
WereVerse Universe Baby!