Objective: The student will discuss American versus Mexican Culture.
This is an application of the Fox Cultural Lesson Plan System. The student will be able to discuss historical, etiquette, traditional culture and pop culture approaches to understanding Mexican culture.
1) What happened to the Aztecs?
2) Describe the Mexican-American War.
3) Describe Manifest Destiny.
4) Describe the Mexican Revolution.
5) What is NAFTA?
6) How has Mexican history shaped Mexican attitudes towards the US?
7) Describe Mexican business etiquette.
TRADITIONAL MEXICAN CULTURE
8) What are some traditional dishes in Mexico?
9) What is the difference between Tex-Mex and Mexican food?
Mexican People Try Taco Bell For The First Time
Do you think the menu below is for a Tex-Mex or Mexican restaurant?
10) What is a margarita?
or do it the Tex-Mex way!
11) Describe mariachi music.
MEXICAN POP CULTURE
12) What is lucha libre?
13) What are some of the differences between lucha libre and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)?
14) What is a telenovela?
15) What is the Mexican yell?
How To Do The Mexican Grito This Cinco de Mayo
Los Mejores Gritos Mexicanos
Worksheet at Scribd:
NOTE TAKING EXERCISE
The students will take notes about a lecture using the table below with a Mexican Culture worksheet.
A Nomothetic Approach to Mexican Culture
WereVerse Universe Baby!