2) Closed system – A group of objects that move energy only to each other.
3) Conduction, convection, radiation – The 3 forms of energy transfer.
4) Electrical Energy – A form of energy created by the movement of electrons.
5) Energy – Is the ability to do work.
6) Energy Efficiency – Is found by comparing the amount of starting energy with the amount of useful energy produced.
7) Fission – Occurs when the nucleus of an atom is split.
8) Friction – A force present when two objects touch each other.
9) Fusion – Occurs when the two or more nuclei join & the number of protons (and the atom’s identity) change.
10) KE Formula – Mass x Velocity Squared /2
11) KFC – Kelvin, Fahrenheit, Celsius
12) Kinetic energy – Energy of motion
13) Law of Conservation of Energy – Energy cannot be created or destroyed.
14) Light Energy – Made from vibrations of electrically charged particles.
15) ME Formula – PE + KE
16) Mechanical energy – Energy associated with the motion and position of an object.
17) Nuclear Energy – Energy that is stored in the nucleus of an atom.
18) PE formula – weight x height or mass x gravitational pull x height (g=9.8m/s squared)
19) Potential energy – stored energy, the energy an object has because of its position
20) Sound Energy – The energy from a vibrating object.
21) Thermal energy – All the kinetic energy from the movement of the particles in an object.
22) Work – Is done when a force makes an object move in the direction of the applied force.