Lyrics and Music
Los Pollitos Dicen Pio Pio
Los pollitos dicen “pio pio pio” – The little chicks say “peep peep peep”
Cuando tienen hambre, cuando tienen frío – When they are hungry, when they are cold
La gallina busca el maíz y el trigo – The hen looks for corn and wheat
les da la comida y les presta abrigo – She gives them food and lends them cover
Bajo sus dos alas, acurrucaditos – Under her two wings, snuggled and cozy
duermen los pollitos hasta el otro día – The chicks sleep until another day
Cuando se levantan, dicen – When they awake, they say,
“Mamacita, tengo mucha hambre, – Mommy, I am very hungry,
Dáme lumbricitas” – Give me food to eat
1) This contest is for extra credit and students do not have to participate but none participants cannot get the extra credit.
2) All the students will sing the same song.
3) The students can sing alone or with a partner.
4) The students will sing the song and not lip sync the song.
5) The students agree to have the song videotaped and posted on YouTube by participating in the contest.
6) Two sombreros will be supplied by the instructor. Additional student supplied props are encouraged.
7) The student will be primarily judged on their singing ability and their pronunciation of the Spanish lyrics but the use of props and/or dance moves can add points to the total score.
1st Place – 25 points
2nd Place – 20 points
3rd Place – 15 points
4th Place – 10 points
5th Place – 5 points
Camera Person – 5 points
Olympics Theme Song
Spanish Singing Contest Evaluation Criteria:
WereVerse Universe Baby!