An aspiring author during the civil rights movement of the 1960s decides to write a book detailing the African-American maids’ point of view on the white families for which they work, and the hardships they go through on a daily basis.
1) What is the point of view of the movie?
2) What is the plot of the movie?
3) Describe the following characters using the Fox Character Analysis Pyramid which includes name/title, physical appearance, personality, character’s role, character’s problems/challenges, major accomplishments, cultural context, and world view.
4) What is the theme of the movie?
5) What is the setting of the movie? How important is the setting?
6) What is the genre of the movie?
7) Does the movie have any cultural lessons?
African-American Civil Rights Movement
8) What are the literary conflicts of the movie?
Worksheet at Scribd: