1) The student will be able to define a mind map.
2) The student will be able to tell the difference between a mind map and a concept map.
3) The student will compare and contrast the utility of mind maps and charts to summarize information after a making both a chart and a mind map about lap tops.
4) The student will make a chart of mind map software as a class by brainstorming categories with a mind map and then making a chart.
1) What is a mind map?
2) What is the difference between a mind map and a concept map?
Lap Top Criteria Exercise
The class will make a mind map of lap top criteria on the white board together.
Laptop Buying Guide (Interactive Video) | Consumer Reports
Would a chart or a mind map be a better graphic to summarize the video information?
Is a chart an example of media or message?
An example of a software chart.
The student will make a chart of the following mind map software as a class. The student will brainstorm categories with a mind map and then make a chart.
bubbl.us – brainstorming made simple
Coggle Tutorial – Introduction
How to use iMindMap in under 2 minutes
mapul.com – quick start
Mind42 – Tutorial
Getting Started — An Introduction to Mindjet
MindMeister Tutorial 1 – Getting Started in MindMeister
Organizing with MindNode
Mindomo Demo 1
Mindmap with MindMup – Free and Easy Mindmapping
How to Make a Popplet, a Mind Mapping Tool
Introduction to Scapple
Stormboard is an Online Brainstormng & Collaboration Tool
Mindmapping with Xmind
WereVerse Universe Baby!