1) The student will be able to discuss the dos, and don’ts of table manners around the world.
2) The students will be able to discuss some of the dining specialties of various countries.
2) United States
Learn How To Order Chinese Food White Folks!
Chinese Food: A Brief history
Chinese Table Manners And Food
How to use chopsticks
5) South Korea
Korean Table Manners
7) French (Continental)
Dining Etiquette – European vs. American Dining Style
How to Set a French Course Table
How to Open a Bottle Of Champagne
Open and serve wine
How to Eat an Escargot | Fine Dining Lovers by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna
How to Eat Sushi: You’ve Been Doing it Wrong
Italy Travel: Customs & Etiquette (Italy Tips)
Dine Like an Italian with These Table Manner
How To Eat Spaghetti | Fine Dining Lovers by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna
Food for Thought
If the video does not cover any of the topics below then that topic might be a good extension to the video.
1) Seating – Who sits where? What sort of chairs and tables do you have?How do you sit?
2) Utensils – What utensils are used for eating? Are there any rules about how to use the utensils?What foods require utensils and what foods can be eaten with your hands?
3) Body Language – Are there any rules about posture? Are there any rules about chewing your food?
4) Conversation – What are acceptable topics at the dining table?
5) Noises – Is slurping allowed? How noisy can your chewing be?
6) Drinking – What are some common toasts? Are there any special rules about filling glasses?
7) Timing – When do you arrive at a home or restaurant? When do you sit down?Is there a particular order to what you drink or eat? When do you leave a home or restaurant?
8) Reciprocity – Do you tip? If you do tip then how much do you tip? If you are invited to dinner do you have to repay the host with a dinner?
Basic Dining Etiquette – Table Taboos
Worksheet for Small Group Exercise:
Worksheet for Class Exercise:
WereVerse Universe Baby!