This is an application of the Fox Cultural Lesson Plan System. The student will be able to discuss South Korean culture from a historical perspective, etiquette perspective and pop culture perspective.
1) Describe the flag of South Korea.
2) What are some cultural accomplishments of the Joseon Dynasty?
3) What is Hangul?
World’s Easiest Writing System: Origin of Hangul
The Miracle of the Han River – Park Chung Hee
4) What is the Great Man theory?
5) How do you think Korean history has affected the Korean view of foreigners?
6) Is there a cultural explanation for South Korea’s economic rise?
7) What is Taekkyon?
10) Is Gangnam Style a critique of hyper-materialism?
13) What is the new South Korean overexposure law and why do you think the law was enacted?
14) Is the generation gap bigger in Asia than in Western countries and if so then why?
15) South Korean Soft Power – What is Korean Wave?
Korean Wave 3.0 looks beyond K-pop
Worksheet at Scribd:
WereVerse Universe Baby!