Do you think alien life exists?
The Drake Equation
N = R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x fL
N – how many planets of aliens there areR* – the rate of star formation in our galaxy (Stars per year)
fp – the fraction of stars that have planets around them
ne – the fraction of stars with planets that are capable of sustaining life
fl – the fraction of planets in ne where life evolves
fi – the fraction of fl where intelligent life evolves
fc – the fraction of fi that try to communicate with other planets
fL – the expected lifetime of such a civilization in years
1) Is your planet Terran or Jovian?
2) What is the name of your planet?
3) Does the name of your planet have any special meaning?
4) What is the gravity of your planet compared to Earth?
5) What is the size of your planet compared to Earth?
6) What is the climate of your planet compared to Earth?
7) Is your planet generally solid, liquid or gaseous?
8) What is the temperature range of your planet?
9) Does your planet have any special and/or interesting features?
10) How do you communicate?
11) How is your species compared to humans?
12) What sort of brain do you have?
13) Do you have an endoskeleton or exoskeleton?
14) What senses do you have?
15) Do you have any special powers?
16) What do you consume for nourishment?
17) What Earth life form does your alien resemble if any?
18) Are you a predator or prey?
19) What sort of technology, if any, does your culture have?
20) What sort of housing do you have?
21) What sort of transportation do you have?
22) What sort of music, if any, do you have?
23) What sort of art, if any, do you have?
24) What sort of government, if any, does your culture have?
25) Do you have one world government or nations?
26) Do you belong to any sort of coalition of aliens?
27) What sort of work did you do on your planet?
28) What are your intentions, if any, towards Earth?
Describe and pick one of the masks below to represent the face of your alien. If time allows then the mask will be made in class.