The students will break into six groups and do research about dating a in a country either at a computer lab or with their cell phones in class.
Group 1 – Italy, Group 2 – Australia, Group 3 – Germany, Group 4 – Poland, Group 5 – Canada, Group 6 – Saudi Arabia
1) Who can you date?
2) At what age is dating ok?
3) What is defined as a date?
4) When does dating stop and courtship begin?
5) Who is generally told about the relationship at different points in the relationship?
6) When do siblings know about hanging out, dating and courtship?
7) When do close friends know about hanging out, dating and courtship?
8) When does the family know about hanging out, dating and courtship?
9) The questions below are part of the more general question of what the gender roles are in the society overall.
10) Who initiates the date?
11) Who pays for the date?
12) Who controls the date?
13) What body language is acceptable on the first date, second date and so on?
14) What level of intimacy is acceptable on the first date, second date and so on?
15) Are there any special grooming customs in the society of the person you are dating?
16) Are there any special rules about drinking and/or smoking?
17) Are there any special dating rules that are very serious? For example, is there a need for a chaperone?
18) What conversational topics are ok on the first date, second date and so on?
19) How much self-disclosure is allowed in the culture of the person you are dating on the first date, second date and so on?
20) Do you consider a lack of self disclosure dishonesty and how does your belief compare with the person you are dating?
21) How important is punctuality while dating?
22) Are there any special break up rules?
23) How has the internet affected cross cultural dating?
24) What is good internet dating etiquette?
25) When should you use the mobile phone and when should you use email?
26) Is there such a thing as mobile phone etiquette?
WereVerse Universe Baby!
so hard to find these infos but i will fight for it lolz
Well sorry to disappoint but I have switched this assignment for one about American counterculture in the sixties. We will stick to a modified version of the dining assignment.