The table above was adapted from:
China (80), Thailand (64), US (40), Japan (54), World Average (55)
High number means high power distance
Egalitarian vs. Hierarchical
1) China is more ________ than Thailand.
2) The US is more _______ than China.
3) Thailand is more ______ than Japan.
4) Thailand is more ______ than the World Average.
5) China is less ________ than Thailand.
6) The US is less_______ than China.
7) Thailand is less ______ than Japan.
8) Thailand is less______ that the World Average.
The following exercise is designed to cause the student to use a detailed comparison/contrast approach to the concept of power distance as defined by Hofstede.
1) How does delegation affect power distance between boss and employee?
Top Delegation Tips
2) How does digital democracy affect power distance between governed and government?
Sweden Supports Digital Democracy
3) How does being a Tiger Mom affect power distance?
Are You a Tiger Mom? Lion Mom? Dolphin Mom? 1/26/2011
4) How does a student centered classroom affect power distance between teacher and student?
Strategies for Student-Centered Discussion
5) How does gender equality affect power distance between men and women?
EBRD – Gender Equality Works
6) Does income inequality always lead to high power distance?
Wealth Inequality in America
An Animated Video Explains Economic Inequality
7) What is the relationship between Individualism and Power Distance?
8) What is the relationship between GDP and Power Distance?
The tables below are from the following article:
9) What is the relationship between GDP and Individualism?