The Assertion-Evidence Structure for PowerPoint Slide Design
1) What is the PowerPoint default?
PowerPoint’s default structure is a topic-phrase headline supported by a bullet list of subtopics.
2) What is the relationship between text and graphic on a slide using the Assertion Evidence System?
The assertion-evidence structure uses a sentence headline states the main assertion of the slide. That headline assertion is then supported not by a bullet list, but by visual evidence: photos, drawings, diagrams, graphs, films, or equations.
3) The video asserts that “dogs have a sense of smell 100,000 times keener than that of a human”. What graphics does the video use to prove this point?
4) What is an assertion?
5) What is evidence?
6) What sort of visual evidence would you use to prove the assertion that a tall person has an advantage in the game of basketball?
7) What sort of visual evidence would you use to prove the assertion that the sun is very big?