1) What is the point of view of the movie?
2) What is the plot of the movie?
How does the boy meet the girl?
How does the boy lose the girl?
How does the boy get the girl?
3) Describe the following characters using the Fox Character Analysis Pyramid which includes name/title, physical appearance, personality, character’s role, character’s problems/challenges, major accomplishments, cultural context, and world view.
Billy Crystal as Harry Burns
Meg Ryan as Sally Albright
Is characterization direct or indirect?
Are the characters flat or round?
Are the characters dynamic or static?
Is the story plot driven or character driven?
Plot Driven VS Character Driven Stories
Character-driven vs. Plot-driven Writing by Leigh Barbour
Rank the following movies from most character driven to most plot driven:
10 Things I Hate About You, 500 Days of Summer, When Harry Met Sally
What genre tends to be more character driven? Romantic comedy or science fiction?
4) What is the theme of the movie?
5) What is the setting of the movie? How important is the setting?
6) What is the genre of the movie?
New Best top 10 Romantic Comedies!!!
Do you think the new romantic comedies are more or less character driven than oldies like When Harry Met Sally?
7) Does the movie have any love lessons?
Can men and women be friends?
What does Harry think?
What does Sally think?
Can Men and Women Be Just Friends? | The Science of Love
Why Men and Women Cant be friends
What is PLATONIC LOVE? What does PLATONIC LOVE mean? PLATONIC LOVE meaning & explanation
8) What are the conflicts of the movie?