Job interview tips: the STAR method
Questions Asked in a STAR Interview
The STAR Method
Use the STAR Method with the following interview questions:
- Describe your best/worst boss.
- Do you have any questions for me?
- Give an example of how you solved a problem in the past.
- Give an example of when you were able to contribute to a team project.
- Give an example where you showed leadership and initiative.
- How do others describe you?
- How do you think you will fit into this operation?
- If you were hired, what ideas/talents could you contribute to the position or our company?
- In a job, what interests you most/least?
- Tell me about your education.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Think about something you consider a failure in your life, and tell me why you think it happened.
- What are your strengths?
- What do you consider your best accomplishment in your last job?
- What have you done to develop or change in the last few years?
- What is your major weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in three years?
- Why are you interested in working for this company?
- Why have you chosen this particular field?