While the symbolism of my banner has remained constant, the artistic expression has changed as my own computer graphic skill has evolved. The six cubes represent the six stages of evolution described in my post modern, science fiction novel Half Square (https://foxhugh.wordpress.com/half-square-chapter-1-agent-wanted/). The six cubes include the (1) cat’s paw cube, (2) the atomic cube, (3) the omega cube, (4) the peace cube, (5) the number 22 cube, and (6) the eye of providence cube.
1) The cat’s paw cube represents Darwinian evolution that governed human kind for thousands and thousands of years. A cat’s paw is a person used by another as a dupe or tool (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%27s_paw). Humans are not in control of their destinies but governed by their biology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociobiology) until they discover fire and a new type of evolution begins that supplants biological evolution.
2) The atomic cube represents technological evolution. Technological evolution culminates in the discovery of atomic energy, the ultimate fire. Humans have the power of gods without the wisdom of gods. The radiation sign is a type of hazard sign (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazard_symbol).
3) The omega cube represents the ultimate choice that we now face: annihilation or enlightenment. Enlightenment will happen if we choose the path of AI/IA and genetic engineering (https://foxhugh.wordpress.com/2008/05/21/applying-intelligence-amplification-to-the-problem-of-terrorism/) and take control of our own evolution in a transhuman manner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism). Omega is the last letter in the alphabet and symbolizes the end (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega). Humans will end one way or another. Human will destroy themselves or humans will evolve into posthumans.
4) The peace cube represents a long period of peace during which our progeny will evolve into the ultimate posthumans. The peace symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_symbol#The_peace_symbol) was originally created for the Direct Action Committee Against Nuclear War. The posthumans will create a paradise on Earth and this may be the end of their evolution. If necessity is the mother of invention then invention may stop at a certain point since all needs will be met or they may seek the fundamental answers to all of existence and go on to the next stage of evolution.
5) The number 22 cube represents a philosophical theory of everything that the posthumans may ultimately create. The number 22 is a very important number in numerology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22_%28number%29)
6) The eye of providence cube represents the ultimate union between the posthumans and God. The eye of providence is a very ancient symbol of God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence). The posthumans will be no more when this happens just as the humans have long ago passed away before this event.